The school is located at 60 boulevard de la Villette in the Belleville neighborhood of Paris. It was built on a series of fundamental agreements:
– strengthen research and diversified practices in architectural education
– develop the science of the project integrating know-how, theory and practice,
– find relevant links and associations between courses and develop international partnerships,
– reaffirm that the teaching of architecture can not be limited to a simple professional training.
The school runs and manages a joint research unit (UMR 3329 AUSser) whose six research lines are as follows:
– Territorial architecture
– Heritage and project
– Architectures and cities of contemporary Asia
– Architectures of the present time
– Architecture and technical culture
– Architecture: diffusion, transmission, teaching
The school has 1185 students (1 2 and 3 license, Master1, Master2, HMONP habilitation to the exercise of mastery work on its behalf, DSA diplomas specialization and deepening, PhD students) and 150 teachers.